Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab file as ISE test bench input

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital design

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all
I want to implement a matrix-vector multiplication on FPGA. I have written a VHDL model for this purpose. Since I need to test it with large matrix,I should use matlab to generate a matrix file and use this matrix file in test bench module for testing my FPGA module.
I need help for:
1.What must be the extension of the matrix file?
2.I create an array to store entire matrix in VHDL code. How can I read a file from matlab into ISE simulator? In other words, How can I read from file and store values in registers?
3.How can I save multiplication result in an output file?
thank you in advance

Hi digital design, I suggegest that you store the matrix from matlab on a file text, next use this file as input for your testbench.
to read and write text files on vhdl use the textio library.
have a nice simulation

Last edited:

Hi digital design, I suggegest that you store the matrix from matlab on a file text, next use this file as input for your testbench.
to read and write text files on vhdl use the textio library.
have a nice simulation

Hi mimiza
Many thanks for your guidance. I didn't use the textio library before it,so I need to search and practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back