Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maths and Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mailus

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What the use of fourier and laplace and similar math functions in electronics. I need complete detail.

Altough above is a kind of answer, i can add some point;
Some differential equations arise during solving RLC cct, in this case instead of solving it in time domain, you can use Laplace domain and convert back in time domain. This is becasue in laplace domain, you need easier calculation compared to time domain.
Fourier is used in signal frequency analysis commonly.
But these are only very few example, so best way is buying a book and reading.

Good luck

Yes, Laplace transform comes into picture while solving differential equations, also in the case of electronics circuits.
The Fourier transform comes into picture when one is interested in shape of pulses and needs to resolve it into its constituent sinusoidal equivalents that constitute a typical pulse.
Google for Fourier transform too.

yes i agree with emresel, Fourier is frequency analysis. Laplace too.
Fourier analysis usually used to solve problem in LTI system.
but Laplace can do something that Fourier can't do.
For example, Laplace can analyze unstable system which Fourier can't do..
Laplace can use for analyze the stability of system..
this is what i know..
i'm undergraduate student..i also learning about this..
so correct me if i'm wrong..
if you really know about the detail, Signals and Systems book by Allan V. Oppenheim provide all you need about Fourier and Laplace..it discuss from basic about Fourier, Fourier transform in continuous time and discrete time,Laplace transform and Z transform..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back