Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lvs problem with calibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronwlee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Right now, I am doing the lvs of my circuit and layout and I always get error: in the schematic, the circuit has 3 pins and in the layout, I also create 3 pins and their labels but when I do the lvs, I get the error "different number of ports in layout and schematic" which means that calibre can not find the pins I create in the layout

PS I delete all the pins in the schematic and delete all the pins in layout, the lvs is correct. Yesterday, I almost spent a whole day and I still can not get through....

What should I do?

Thanks

Aaron:?::?:

r u sure u use the right layer for pins in layout

I've had this with assura a few times, and I've used the right layers for the pins.

What I tend to find is that, a ground plane (we use metal 4 for gnd, and a light sheild) or whatever is floating, i.e. not connected to the grounds of the transistors etc, is floating.
Have a look through your layout and make sure all your substrate ties and vias are there. I've lost hours to similar problems.

Best of luck.

thank these two gentlemen

Aaron

u can read the calibre rule.
Find out the layer which is used to label the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back