Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS problem in CALIBRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPSOTON

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI, guys,

i am using IBM 0.13 tech, after the LVS checking in CALIBRE, the "smile face" didn't pop out, but no error shown in comparison results.

i checked the LVS report, it shows the cell comparison results (top level) all correct, but overall comparison results has one error : Components with non-identical signal pins.

does anyone can help me with that problem? is that mean i pass the LVS?

Thanks in advance

Not sure. Check the component's matching. May be the LVS mixed up connections between (rather) similar pins.

How do You run LVS?
In IBM0.13 You need to follow this instruction:

1. In schematic window:
1. Create netlist of schematic. From main menu → IBM_PDK → Netlist → CDL.
In new create CDL window (at 1st run) fill a "Library name" and "Top cell" name fields with appropriate names. Change "run" directory if necessary (Calibre LVS generate large number of files)
3. Prepare LVS netlist. From main menu → IBM_PDK → Netlist → CDL Processor for LVS.
In "CDL processor for LVS" window change "Run directory" to directory with netlist file. Mark the netlist file and move (i.e. using double-click) to "files to process" tab.

2. In layout window:
1. Run Calibre LVS: main menu → IBM_PDK → Checking → Calibre → LVS.
2. "No trace property" and "PEX run" options set on FALSE
3. In "Input" section, netlist tab: unselect "export from schematic viewer" checkbox and point out the "cell_name.netlist.lvs" file in the Files path.
4. Run LVS.

Thanks, Dominik, the problem is solved, it turns out that i didn't set "PEX run" at FALSE when doing LVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back