Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS errors: device and net do not cross-match

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABDMOULEH

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am a beginner to the level Layout.
I ran LVS and I found this errors that I didn't understand :

devbad.out:
I /N7
? Device does not cross-match.

netbad.out:
N /gnd!
? net does not cross-match. It has 14 connections

termbad.out:
T -1 INP/INP
? Terminal INP in the schematic failed to match any terminal in the layout.

LVS

What LVS tools are you using?

Pins are not correctly define. Make sure that all pins example given VDD, GND or IN OUT pin should have a Metal pin layer and port.

could you put some screenshot of the errors...would be nice and can give you more precise answer about lvs.

Re: LVS

3.You didn't define a pin named INP in the layout. Check the layout again and make sure you didn't wrongly spell INP or defined the pin in the wrong metal layer.

2.You probably didn't connect all the grounds together in the layout. Make sure that all the grounds of different subcells are wired together.

Re: LVS

The "not cross-match" error in LVS indicates that the device/net connections in layout are not the same as in schematic. It may be that you missed one connection, or more. So, this are : DEVBAD.OUT and NETBAD.OUT. The last error, TERMINALBAD.OUT means that that particular terminal IS in the schematic, and IS NOT in the layout. If you put it there in the layout, it means that you did not put the label on the corresponding layout, layer.net, or you did not run: create pins from label.
I am using diva too, and had the same problems.
Diva is an old verification problem. I recommend Assura.

Good Luck, Alecs. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back