Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTM4705 PGOOD Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I just wander on what supply I should pulled up to the resistor?

Here is the situation. In the LTM4705 IC from ADI, page 13 of its datasheet ( ). it says that ". A resistor can be pulled up to a particular supply voltage for monitoring." This is a Dual Output IC and the input voltage is 12V and it will regulate to 5 and 3.3 volts.
My question is what supply should pulled up the resistor? it is the 12V input or the 5V and 3.3V???
Because if I where to ask, I think I should pulled up the resistor to 5v and 3.3V since the purpose of PGOOD is to monitor the valid out voltage.

Am I right or maybe wrong?? hahahah

Thanks in advance.

1671617017401.png

Depends on the input level of the circuit monitoring PGOOD state. If there's no circuit, PGOOD can be unconnected without pull-up.

Depends on the input level of the circuit monitoring PGOOD state. If there's no circuit, PGOOD can be unconnected without pull-up.
Hi FvM, I know that I can leave the PGOOD unconnected but since I am going to use in my circuit I think it is important, other than the connection of PGOOD in the power it is also connected to the Power Status Leds circuitry.

Hi
My question is what supply should pulled up the resistor? it is the 12V input or the 5V and 3.3V???
Again I take the risk to get called "rude" when referring to the datasheet.

12V? Datasheet says "Absolute maximum voltage for PGOOD is 6.0V". So 12V is no option.

Figure 1 in the datasheet shows them to be connected to INTVCC via 10k. This is a valid option.

But indeed it enables you to adjust on the device where you want to connect the PGOOD signal to.
If it´s a 3.3V powered device, use 3.3V
If it´s a 5V powered device, use 5V

Klaus

12V? Datasheet says "Absolute maximum voltage for PGOOD is 6.0V". So 12V is no option.

Figure 1 in the datasheet shows them to be connected to INTVCC via 10k. This is a valid option.

But indeed it enables you to adjust on the device where you want to connect the PGOOD signal to.

Klaus
okay I got it hahah thanks a lot sir, even I'm a bit rude sometimes.

Last edited:

Here is the schematic to make it clear.
Please try to post readable images.

"Power Status Leds circuitry" - where? how? No LEDs shown. Please show your intended circuit.

Most simple circuit would be a LED with 5 mA pull-up, shorted by PGOOD pin(s).

Hi

Klaus
Hi sir, may I know what is the INTVcc is? I confuse about this pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back