Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LRC meter software???

Status
Not open for further replies.
can this russian go-esr-meter measure the esr of caps in circuits (I'm pretty sure it doesnt measure capacity in circuit...)

It does, actually measure caps without having to desolder them... Voltage, applied to the capacitor, is less than 0,3v so if there is any semiconductor connected, it won't affect results. (Of course, very low-Ohm resistors will, so you'll have to be avare of that, too)...

What I was trying to say, comparing to other meters working on 100KHz (from your ESR Repository ;-) ) this one uses "constant" current method so if there is any keramic caps connected in parallel with CUT (which is very common), it won't affect resulting ESR.
BTW, this project got a new development. Another guy changed a bit the original schematics, added LC meter (with extended LC ranges), also added 2-range Frequency meter - one up to 60MHz and another - up to few GHz (with proper prescaler), and VGA test signal output for testing monitors... all using the same CPU... discussion of the new article is here: **broken link removed** (in Russian).

Firmware (for different types of LCD): http://moemesto.ru/MIRON63/file/10326247/mi_esr2_8_16.zip

Additions, corrections: http://moemesto.ru/MIRON63/file/10217372/дополнение к Esr_lcf.zip

Article: http://moemesto.ru/MIRON63/file/10129718/Esr_lcf от miron63_.zip

I haven't tried to build it yet, but I most likely will... and can help with translations ;-)

hi pavelbo,

are you the author of this project (**broken link removed**

I have made the lcr meter from the magazine Elektor 3,4,5 number 1997.

And changed relay to analog mux(4053), maybe it is a mistake? because the meter can not measure small resistor ,for instance 1m ohm.

So i want to use relay(omron g5v-2) instead of 4053.

Would you give me advice?

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

hi chris,

"BAV45 Picoampere diodes (two):- Use 2 x JPAD5",I get it,thank you!

how about change ad1847 to wm8731(same as tlv320aic23),and ADSP2101 to any arm including i2s port?

Last edited:

are you the author of this project
I am the author of the topic.

Would you give me advice?
**broken link removed** you can find a project similar to Elektor's, but in which the realy has been replaced by 74HC4053.
**broken link removed** is the source tree of the project.

It contains a fix for the analog part so that 4053 does not affect the measurment, therefore elliminating the need of a relay. **broken link removed** is a schematic of the fix itself.

hi pavelbo,

Thanks for your resply!

Yes,I did fix which the relay instead of 74hc4053.But I think measuring current through resistor is not good idea and auto-balance bridge is good.

In fact, I did new pcb according **broken link removed** and icl7135 instead of codec chip wm8731.

resistor:10m ohm -- 10M ohm;cap:1pf - 1000uH;ind:1uH - 1000H,accuracy is 0.5%

I am disappointed. maybe bad layout? bad code? I have no idea. So i think according RLC2 project totally.

on the orther hand, I think using DAC(two dac 1MHz/s including in arm chip) instead of max293 generating 100Hz,120Hz,1k,10k,even 100kHz sine wave. Could you give me some advance because you are real engineer.

Think you again!

Last edited:

To Ruslan_windrivers
Can I use PIC18F2550 instead of PIC18F2520 in R2 D2 LCRF_ESR Meter? Please help

Javed

To Ruslan_windrivers
Can I use PIC18F2550 instead of PIC18F2520 in R2 D2 LCRF_ESR Meter?

No, it must be 18F2520. 2550 has some pins working as input only, so it won't work. 2520 is actually a bit cheaper than
2550, you can buy it from Digikey.com or from other online retailer.

To Ruslan_windrivers,

Thank you for the response. Can you share the source code of R2 D2 LCRF_ESR Meter?
I will be very thankful to you. Otherwise please provide me the hex code of R2 D2 LCRF_ESR Meter for PIC18F2550. As in my country PIC18F2520 is not available.

best regards,

Javed

Sorry, Javed, I'm not the author of the firmware (and the author never made source code available to public). I only designed my own version of schematics (compatible with the his firmware),and PCB.
I didn't know it could be such a problem to buy a PIC controller... cann't you buy it online and ship it to your country?
Otherwise may you can try to build another ESR meter. Take a look here: **broken link removed**

The author is a good friend of mine (he even made a firmware for me), but he never shared his source code with anyone, including me (!). And I have to respect that... maybe newer hardware versions of the R2D2 meter will have separate firmware for 2550, but right now 2550 is not compatible with schematics because of 2 inputs.

Hi
R2D2 Meter Description in English.

Regards
hadihf

Attachments

• R2D2_ESR_LCR_F_Meter_eng.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 179

Wow, very good job!
I see you used some sort of translator, though, some sentencies were translated somewhat incorrectly...
I can correct some errors, if you can convert that file into MSWord format.
That meter works nice, though, made already few of them...

Wow, very good job!
I see you used some sort of translator, though, some sentencies were translated somewhat incorrectly...

Word doc is attached

Regards

Attachments

• R2D2_LC_Meter-eng.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 157

I build c/esr meter but pic program not work.
I'd like use pic6f883, but pic program is in assembler with pic16f873a.
Somebody help?

Attachments

• soft.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 87

mtom, what do you mean by saying "pic program not work"?
1. Is something wrong with your PIC programmer or you're simply using wrong PIC controller? What type of programmer did you use?
2. What the schematic did you use? What PCB?
3. If that is C_ESR from GO, I cannot help much as I don't know PIC assembler.
But instead of 16F873A you can use 16F873, 16F876 or 16F876A without any changes in firmware. Just only make sure they are 20MHz versions of those CPUs - 4MHz CPUs will not work at all.

Correction - you were using an older version of firmware (V1.0), it didn't work properly with 16F876 PICs. You will need latest version (1.01) to work with 876 CPus. You can download it from here (author's web-site): **broken link removed**

Last edited:

View attachment go_esr.spl].pdf
mtom, what do you mean by saying "pic program not work"?
1. Is something wrong with your PIC programmer or you're simply using wrong PIC controller? What type of programmer did you use?
2. What the schematic did you use? What PCB?
3. If that is C_ESR from GO, I cannot help much as I don't know PIC assembler.
But instead of 16F873A you can use 16F873, 16F876 or 16F876A without any changes in firmware. Just only make sure they are 20MHz versions of those CPUs - 4MHz CPUs will not work at all.

Correction - you were using an older version of firmware (V1.0), it didn't work properly with 16F876 PICs. You will need latest version (1.01) to work with 876 CPus. You can download it from here (author's web-site): **broken link removed**

I attachmented sch file.
thanks

if you want to use pic 16f883, you can make this esr meter : **broken link removed**
I'm pretty sure you cannot replace a pic876 with a 883 without modifying the firmware.

Wow, very good job!

Hello,

where can i find informations about the current state of this really nice R2D2's ESR meter in your mod-version? (schematic, *.hex, manual?, ... ) In an other thread i found that your version was V3 with nokia 5210 lcd? Is it possible that you print out your schematic version as pdf file and/or graphic, because in the demo version of splan was printing deactivated.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back