Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LRC meter software???

Status
Not open for further replies.
board for lcr meters

Big Foto RLC v.2.0

pcb for lcr meter

Hi!
New USB RLC meter: **broken link removed** (Russian only)

New RLC:
Range R: 0.001 Om – 20 MOm
Range L: 0.01 uH – 20 kH
Range C: 0.002 pF – 22000 uF
Freq.: 100 Hz, 1 kHz, 10 kHz

professional software lrc

Hi All!
a new rev 1.1 of FW for RLC2 is ready:

.rar attachement at

**broken link removed**

Please look in post of member GO ( one of developers of this device)

GO
11 января, 12:37

changes in this rev. :
hardware - not changed.
software:
- added a phase I\U compensation\calibration.
- now device remember and restore back the test freq. after probe calibration.

In case if somebode here want to make this device - I help to translate your posts to Russian and back.
welcome to this topic **broken link removed**

Regards,
Cheeeper

elektor cd-rom 2001

Hi!

I'm thinking of making Elektor's Meter myself!!! The AD2101 DSP is still available from Farnell in a 25 Mc/s device (ADSP2101-BPZ100 68 pin PLCC) - (I've one on order! - they only have three in stock so be quick!!!) and most of the other chips are replaceable with equivalents or modern substitutes!

I've got the programming files for the 27C512 EPROM and the GAL 22V10 & I'll upload 'em later tonight!

The plans are available on Elektor's 1997 CD Rom but not the software sad to relate! The 1997 CD is the old format which is an absolute pain as the drawings, etc., are all in EPS which is unreadable unless you've got Photoshop or Creative Suite but I'll have a go at distilling into PDF!

Watch this space!

Chris Williams

Added after 4 hours 38 minutes:

Hi!

Elektor Advanced RLC Meter April - June 1997 software files as promised for anyone who'd still like 'em!

The AD1847JP Stereo codec IC went on a lot of PC sound cards judging by the number of posts I see from people wanting to use the things on Linux-and-what not, but it'll almost certainly be soldered direct so if you find one you'll probably need PLCC desuckering tackle to remove it!!!

I'll post a better set of plans and a sources list as soon as I've finished researching this for myself!

Chris Williams

lcr meter measurement microcontroller schematic

Hi,

The Russian LCR is much simpler and cheap with almost the same capabilities. Why go for a complex one? Also ADSP2101 will need some sort of bootloader. Correct me if I am wrong as I did not understand russian and do not have the the elektor artical?

Regards

lc-meter tiny2313

Hi!

I'd already formulated plans for Elektor's meter long before registering on this board & I have to confess I was very impressed with the spec, notwithstanding the atrocious howlers I found in the original parts list!!!

The EPROM software would contain code to enable the ADSP 2101 to initialise on power-up in its routine somewhere - unfortunately I've no knowledge of disassembly routines & the original source code wasn't published (it is in many later Elektor projects!) so I'm afraid I can't offer much more by way of explanation!!!

Chris Williams

rlc metter atmel

hadihf said:
do not have the the elektor artical?

Try to download the article from **broken link removed**

I hope it helps.

lrc-metre

Chris56000 said:
Hi!

I'd already formulated plans for Elektor's meter long before registering on this board & I have to confess I was very impressed with the spec, notwithstanding the atrocious howlers I found in the original parts list!!!

The EPROM software would contain code to enable the ADSP 2101 to initialise on power-up in its routine somewhere - unfortunately I've no knowledge of disassembly routines & the original source code wasn't published (it is in many later Elektor projects!) so I'm afraid I can't offer much more by way of explanation!!!

Chris Williams

Hi Chris,

Any progree with thr Elektor LCR meter?

dspic lcr meter circuit

hadihf said:
Chris56000 said:
Hi!

Chris Williams

Hi Chris,

Any progree with thr Elektor LCR meter?

Hi Friend

you can get all stuff with this downlaod including program for chip

**broken link removed**

Regards
Fragrance

lcr метр схема

there is the eprom bin file, but there is NO GAL code ...
and you may have some hard days to get all the required chips ... this meter is really nice, but I dont think it is still able to make it by these days ...

firmware source code for lc meter

thanks for the gal file...
just see the adsp2101 is more than $50 ...

anyone made this elektor meter recently ?
where did you find all the components ?

pic16f873 adcin

Hi,
This meter is in my dreams only :D . The codec chip is also extinct...but available at w/w/w/.c/l/u/b/e/l/e/c/./c/o/m... for around 60 USD.
Regards

mwinstruments.com

in fact, when you look at these modern russians lcr meters, they all use the same methods of measurment than the one in the elektor meter.
they only change the processor with a modern pic.

their analog amplifier part uses worse part by the way.

may be there is a middle way between these ?

lrc-meter elektor

Hi!

I'm reviewing the plans and parts I've laid in now for mine!!!

If anyone still fancies a go at Elektor's one here are the sources:-

Hirschmann PB4 PCB connectors PC1-PC4:- Farnell
ADSP2101 80 Pin PLCC RoHS:- Farnell
PGA103:- Farnell - use PGA103U and SOIC to DIL Adaptor
OP282:- Farnell - use OP282GSZ and SOIC to DIL Adaptor
AD620ANZ:- Farnell
5k49 resistor :- Farnell
AD1847JP:- EBay from Littlediode in USA
AD847:- Ebay - assorted suppliers!!!

BAV45 Picoampere diodes (two):- Use 2 x JPAD5 (characterised ≤ 5pA at rated VR) from RS/Farnell, you ***might*** be able to get samples from the makers, Calogic but don't bank on it!!!

***Don't substitute ordinary diodes for picoamp ones*** or you'll get wandering readings wholesale and it won't zero properly!!!

The original Bopla Ultramas case (UM32009L) is still available from Bopla's UK agent in Aylesbury - check the dimensions & part nos ***very carefully*** to make sure you get the correct ones - Bopla's website is atrocious!!!

PCB:- Eurocircuits (€42.70 and 2 weeks!!!)
Mains Transformers:- Farnell or Rapid Electronics, Colchester, UK

The rest of the stuff is standard RS, Farnell or Rapid Electronics fare you should be able to obtain no problem!!!

My office only recently allowed the staff to place orders so I've only sent for my PGA103, OP282 and Hirschmanns today! The only other thing you'll need is 0.5mm tinplate for the upper and lower screens, a word in your local engineering-shop might help here!!! I ***think*** RS/Farnell have the material but you'll still have to chop it and bend it to size/shape of course!!! If you chop up old CRT monitors for spares the larger 19/21" ones probably have tinplate in 'em you can use!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Chris Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back