Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Vt and Native Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccw27

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
native device

What is the difference between Low Vt and Native device? I think the only difference is that the Vth of Native device is lower than the low Vt device. Is there any only differences?

Thanks

native vt

During the fabrication of a transistor there is a Threshold Adjust Implant that increases the Vt of the transistor (it is basically a small doped region at the interface between the substrate and the oxide). The Vt is adjusted by playing with this implant, originating several devices with different Vt's, in the same technology.

Native devices do not have this implant. As far as I know this is the main difference.

native vt device

Low Vt device needs extra mask and Native Device doesn't nees extra mask.

Native device is a device with vth<0. Low Vt device is a device with vth>0.

But Low Vt device's vth is much smaller than the normal device.

Yibin.

low vt

ccw27 said:
What is the difference between Low Vt and Native device? I think the only difference is that the Vth of Native device is lower than the low Vt device. Is there any only differences?

Thanks

as for schemetic understanding, I think this is true and enough for the designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back