Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] low power Electronic Lock using vibrator motor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinu.radix

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

I want to design a low power electronic locking system. For this I need a micro DC motor that should operate around 3V. Any suggestions on this ? Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Hi All

I want to design a low power electronic locking system. For this I need a micro DC motor that should operate around 3V. Any suggestions on this ? Thanks for the help

Latching type solenoid actuator is the best solution for electronic lock. Normal operating voltage of the actuator is 12V to 28V DC. For your 3V application you should use custom designed actuator.

Hi Smijesh,

Thanks for the reply.. The problem here is, I'm using a 2.4Gig antenna in my design. Solenoid may effect the signal strength. Hence i'm looking for other alternatives..

DC motor may affect the signal strength. So you go head with piezo actuators.

???

DC motors and solenoids won't have any effect on "signal strength" unless they're within ~a wavelength (12cm) or so of your radiating antenna element, and unless you're actually trying to achieve good RF performance (i.e. clean radiation patterns, high gain/directivity etc) from a door lock you can safely ignore this problem. How would a (comparatively fragile and expensive) piezo actuator offer any improvement?

Alibaba (https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=3V+dc+motor) or Ebay turns up [literally] thousands of possible 3V DC motors... what (exactly) do you need?

Some electric model airplanes use servos that operate rudder, elevator and ailerons at low current from a 3.2V to 4.2V Li-Po battery.
They use a pager motor with a pinion gear and it drives a worm gear. There is a potentiometer that feeds back the position if you need it.
The servos are inexpensive and available at many hobby stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back