Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for schematic for ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
icd2 internal circuit

Hi crazyduck,
I've made ICD2 based on Lothar idea ('USB' version) with minor changes. After some experiments with FTDI chip settings (and pic bootloader as well:) I've managed to set the speed of COM port at 1250 kbit/s but the result was not as good as I would expect. Now it is only about two times faster in comparision with standard 56 kbit/s settings. This drives me to the conclusion that COM speed is not the critical issue an there must be something else in bootloader code that causes the ICD2 to run so slowly.
I wonder if there is anyone who can tell me how really fast the original USB version is. How many steps per second with , let's say, 20 variables added to watch window? (my ICD2 performs almost 2 setps per second in such environment)

Regards
Archie.

microchip bl101010

can i use a TI tusb3410 ic chip to substitude the cypress chip? has anyone actually tried that? cat bout the connection speed?
and how can silicium31(3.xxxxMHZ) be faster than icd2(20MHZ)?

icd2 interface schematic

Gats said:
can i use a TI tusb3410 ic chip to substitude the cypress chip? has anyone actually tried that? cat bout the connection speed?
and how can silicium31(3.xxxxMHZ) be faster than icd2(20MHZ)?

You can use TI tusb3410 to substitute FTDI chip (USB to UART convertor) on Lothar Stolz ICD2 circuit!

This ICD2 is based on a CYPRESS µc, with a full speed USB connection:
**broken link removed**

icd2 schematic pdf -clone -sony -seer

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that ICD2 based on FTDI chip can be almost as fast as real USB version. The problem is when you use ICD2 under new MPLAB versions (higher than 6.40). It is really a disaster - you need approx. 8 seconds to perform one step. But when you switch to version 6.40 it will work quite fast . As I said before - I've managed to set COM port speed at the level of 1250 kbit/s and I didn't see a big difference in comparision with standard 56 kbit/s. Seems that problem is not with the COM speed but with MPLAB itself.

Regards
Archie

icd2 rs232 cable schema

has anyone tested this USB ICD2 with latest MPLab ??

it work or not??

icd2 circuit 18f

HI EVERYBODY!!
CAN THE FIRMWARE FROM Zaphod42 AND SCHEMATIC FROM CRAZYDUCK WORK FINE WITH MPLAB 7.22, THE LASTED VERSION OF MICROCHIP???
GIVE ME A HELP??
Regards
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!

Added after 51 seconds:

HI,
I'M BUILDING THE SIMPLE RS232-ICD2 BOARD THAT USE THE PIC16F877A AS MASTER
JUST WITH SOME BJT, 7805 , 7812, DIODE .IT CAN UPDATE NEW FIRMWARE AND WORK WITH MPLAB 7.22.
IT WORK WITH NO PROBLEM. I THINK IT IS MORE SIMPLE AND CHEAPER THAN OTHER BEFORE
I WILL POST IT SOON!!!
REGARDS
SORRY FOR MAY ENGLISH

ch9fod programming

Crazy Duck's hardware + Zaphod42 software is working fine with MpLab7.21. It should works with 7.22 with no problem.

wiring diagram for icd

i`m building rs232-icd2 with pic16f786a

work ok with only 0x1000 bytes for program
with program over 0x1000 verify failed
help me

tl497 schematic

hi!!
have anyone used the Crazy Duck's hardware + Zaphod42 software to program DSPIC30F4011??
did it work fine??
i was fail in program DSPIC30F4011 with it
Regards

icd2 circuit diagram

I wanted to build the ICD2 w/REAL usb but just realized that the CY7C64613 is impossible to buy, so I'm glad I didn't waste my time making the board yet. Has anyone tried replacing the CY7C64613 with a CY7C64713? Maybe someone can try upgrading the firmware to utilize this component. I just downloaded the development tools from Cypress and am going to try it myself, if I'm successful, I'll upload it. I've got a lot of reading to do first....

icd2 schematic pic

I want also to rebuild your ICD2 clone. But whats about
the bridge B1 in your BOM? I cant find it anywhere.

Can you ghelp me please?

Michael

dspic30f4011 usb ftdi interfacing

hi! i make a icd2 clone with schematics from stolz page. i connected this icd2 into serial port and working. but i try to connect this icd2 to usb port with serial to usb adapter and clone not work!!! i make clone with tusb3410! same problem! where is the problem? please help me!

icd adapter circuits

ICD2 new version used PIC18F4550 not used CY7C64613. Who have circuit ?

cypress 24lc01

marwan naboulsi, this is old schematic. I am also interested in new icd with 18F4550. Did anyone who have new icd is willing to open it to see icd's inside?

max232 gets hot

Hi SPATAN , I looking for ICD2 18F4550 Schematics same you . :) :)

icd2 u4

anybody got new icd schematic yet for the pic 18f4550 version and want to share

we only need schematic

cheers

wizpic

icd2 schematic 877a

Do we only need schematic? Then... Where is the firmware (.hex) for the 18F4550?

tusb3410 schematics

For the begining schematic will be enough. Later we will search for the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back