Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for schematic for ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
icd2 microchip original schematic

jenda said:
Has anyone reversengineered the functionality of RTS and CTS on the RS232. Are they just used for handshaking?
j

RB5 (CTS) is used permanently.

icd2 wiring diagram

What do you mean with "permanently"? Always in high state or what?
j

inchworm+ icd2 pcb size

Testu said:
jenda said:
Testu
You are...

When you use 2 - 3V targets, supply voltage for 74HC126 just 2 - 3V. Inputs of 74HC have protection diods to supply (2-3V). That's why you can't set 5V (RA5, RA2,RC5, RC3) directly to U6 (as 74HC126).

No, I can't. Your schematic needs 74AHC126 and 74VHC126 and so on...

As mentioned obove: as long as everything is running at 5V you will have no problems with HC/T. Otherwise you have to use AHC/T. OK?
Let's drop this subject.

j

schematic for microchip icd2

jenda said:
What do you mean with "permanently"? Always in high state or what?

I mean it takes part in each transaction.

icd2 sehema

Yo rockas
Finally this board is working. Bootloader from

:idea: :idea: magic Zaphod42 (thanks!!!) :idea: :idea:

works fine. Firmware can be downloaded without any problems from MPLAB.

yesomat!

j

icd2 schema

jenda said:
As mentioned obove: as long as everything is running at 5V you will have no problems with HC/T.
If your schematic is for 5v targets only, why you hadn't eliminated level shifters (U6 and U9)?

mplab 6.40

My board doesn't only work with 5V targets. U6 and U9 are only named wrong in the schematic because in my libraries there aren't any AHC or AHCT types. Just replace them with the shifters of your choice and enjoy full voltage range operation.

j

icd schematic

Testu, if you chech the BOM you'll find the correct parts.

j

ez-usb devtools download

jenda said:
Testu, if you chech the BOM you'll find the correct parts.

Ok. But it will be better to correct the schematic too.

dspic33 dying during programing

OK. I'll do that. Just give me some time.

j

mplab icd2 cct

Hi
Finally I got the Cypress chip working. After some driver installation effort MPLAB recognizes the ICD2 connected to the USB port.

To get the device working you have to make sure that the EEPROM connected to the CY7C64613 is programmed with the correct VID/PID. To do that you can use a standard EEPROM programmer or you can use the development tools provided by Cypress (~60MB download).
You can find the correct EEPROM data in the ICD2.mp3 file posted above by PICUser (downloaded at bol.bg). The first 9 bytes of the EEPROM have to be programmed as b4 d8 04 00 80 01 00 06 00 (VID/UID/DID).

If you use the Cypress dev.tools you first have to install the EZ-USB FX drivers. Just connect the ICD2, the OS recognizes the CY7C64613 with empty EEPROM as a Cypress device. Now install the Cypress drivers. Then start the Cypress USB Control Panel and program the EEPROM with the right values.

After that the ICD2 will by recognized again by the OS but as a Microchip device. Now install the Microchip USB drivers, start MPLAB (it downloads the CY7C64613 firmware over USB) and enjoy.
j

tusb3410 usb icd2

Hi all,

Has anyone try this ICD2 Clone on dsPIC? Please adivce. Thank you.

Regards

icd2 clone euros

Hi coldFire

I never tried to program a dsPIC, but I think it doesn't pose any problems since MPLAB downloads the needed firmware to the ICD2 to enable correct operation with the target devices. And since the programming interface is just a serial one, I don’t think you will run into trouble.
J

original schematic icd2

h**p://www.mcu.cz/modules/news/article.php?storyid=449 - now with english description
I've download the schematic of icd2 from the website,but I do't understand it very well.There are many question for me.
For instance,how much values of capacitances near the voltage reguaters?Such as c11(why is there value of 1G under it?),c8,c13,c14,c15,c24,c22,c20,c18,c17,c23.What kind of capacitance they are?
What kind of power supply does it use?what kind of diode is the D1?
what do IC1p,IC4P,IC5P mean near 7805 regulator?I can't find them besite them.
where do IC5A,IC5B,IC3B conect to?They have numbers, 2,4,6 on it.What do the numbers mean?
I think it's better if there is BOM of this schematic.

Thank you very much.

icd2 schematic pdf

mk said:
PICUser said:
Hi friends,
I think it should be file from 24C EEPROM where is stored the program for an USB chip.

OOPS, this is only configuration (VID, PID, etc). USB chip is preprogramed from Cypress or programed from driver via USB

HI,
What PID,VID reports the ICD2 USB?

B.R.

icd2 18f4550 new schematic

I have it in Greek and Japanese as it was mentioned

icd 2 схема

HI B.R,
PID and the VID are the identification that are required by thre Host Cotroller(the PC in this case), to recognise the usb device on the bus and enumerate the device with an address.
I think the cypress chip will read the same from the EEROM and send it to the MPLAB driver which will recognise it as a valid ICD2 device..
Hope it has become clear to u., for more details u can see the article on usb like "usb in a nutshell"

Regards
Sam

icd2 clone tusb3410

ICD2.mp3 I can't open , why ?

you has USB chip program for "Cyperss chip" and "EEPROM"
CAN you send it for me
email: chenhhhkk@yahoo.com.cn
regards !!

ixd2 scematics

Where I can find the ICD.MP3? and where is the PICUser?

pic18f4550 icd2 circuit

hi

the content of the first 9bytes of the EEPROM is:
b4 d8 04 00 80 01 00 06 00 (hex)

if you downloaded the icd2.mp3 you have to open it with a hex editor in order to see the contents. you can use the cypress EZ-USB configuration tool to program the EEPROM over USB. please read above.

regards, jns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back