Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for info about 2G power control

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinay.b

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I need more information on 2G forward and reverse power controls. Including both open and closed loop. Can any1 plzz help me out...

regards,
Vinay.b

2g power

2G include 2 system GSM ,and IS-95,which system u need
for is-95 there are 3 schemes of power control

1-Reverse link power control
*open loop
In this scheme,the MS(Mobile Station)measures the received pilot power from Base station,then it decides whether it increases or decrease its transmit power.The main draw back of this scheme that it gives inaccurate results because the channel conditions in uplink are completely different than they are in downlink.
*Closed loop
in this scheme ,the MS send the mesurments of Forward pilot channel to BS,the BTS calculates Eb/No and then sends a power control bits ,which are multiplexed with forward traffic channel ,to order it whether to increase or to decrease its transmitt power.

2-Forward link Power control
in this scheme the BS reduces its transmit power periodically,and the MS measures FER ,if the FER became lower than certain threshold (~1%),MS sends to BS to increase its transmit power.

Hopfully,i was helpful
Mostafa

Re: 2G power control

Can u tell me the difference between 2G power control and 3G power control for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back