Looking for IC layout editing tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
galant said:
The most classic IC layout tool is Cadence virtuso . But some new tools ,such as Laker is also popular,especially in Taiwan .

Yes, Laker is more easy than virtuoso.
I really like it's zoom speed.

Re: IC lsyout tools...

I use Mentor's IC station. It's good and u can write AMPLE file to control you IC station environment. The most important is " it won't cost too much"

Also ..
Laker target on custom-layout automatically ..
And It also have a lot of function .. you can go to their web site and
see the datasheet ..

br.

chenycs said:
http://vlsi.cornell.edu/magic/
**broken link removed**

Hi

and... former micromagic tools {max, sue, nst, ...}

tnx

What are the OS supported by Laker ? WinNT? Linux? Solaris?

laker have Linux and solaris version

After trying Virtuoso (1 week of turorials and I was upto speed doing layout using the TSMC rules), iam not using anything else the tanner tools ledit looks like a dinasour to me now (took me 2wks to learn how to use) when I did my project I just wish the cadence stuff was avialble a 2 years ago before i did my project. Anyway this year I have it for my VLSI Masters projet GREAT!!!

KLEO

hi all,

it looks like most of us are using the tools at work/school etc. now let me ask this again: do you have them by any chance under linux? some of us would like to be able to do some circuits at home. I appreciate any suggestions

Take a look at Silicon Dimensions.

www.sidimensions.com

They are making some easy to use layout tools that fit into a Design Compiler and Primetime flow. Runs on linux

do you actually see somthing worthwhile on this site? there is a 1/2 paragraph advertisement about the company. thats all.

I use Cadence SE and SocEncounter

analog: cadence virtuoso
digital: Synopsys Astro( not apollo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…