Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for IC layout editing tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
galant said:
The most classic IC layout tool is Cadence virtuso . But some new tools ,such as Laker is also popular,especially in Taiwan .

Yes, Laker is more easy than virtuoso.
I really like it's zoom speed.

Re: IC lsyout tools...

I use Mentor's IC station. It's good and u can write AMPLE file to control you IC station environment. The most important is " it won't cost too much"

Also ..
Laker target on custom-layout automatically ..
And It also have a lot of function .. you can go to their web site and
see the datasheet ..

br.

chenycs said:
http://vlsi.cornell.edu/magic/
**broken link removed**

Hi

and... former micromagic tools {max, sue, nst, ...}

tnx

What are the OS supported by Laker ? WinNT? Linux? Solaris?

laker have Linux and solaris version

After trying Virtuoso (1 week of turorials and I was upto speed doing layout using the TSMC rules), iam not using anything else the tanner tools ledit looks like a dinasour to me now (took me 2wks to learn how to use) when I did my project I just wish the cadence stuff was avialble a 2 years ago before i did my project. Anyway this year I have it for my VLSI Masters projet GREAT!!!

KLEO

hi all,

it looks like most of us are using the tools at work/school etc. now let me ask this again: do you have them by any chance under linux? some of us would like to be able to do some circuits at home. I appreciate any suggestions

Take a look at Silicon Dimensions.

www.sidimensions.com

They are making some easy to use layout tools that fit into a Design Compiler and Primetime flow. Runs on linux

do you actually see somthing worthwhile on this site? there is a 1/2 paragraph advertisement about the company. thats all.

I use Cadence SE and SocEncounter

analog: cadence virtuoso
digital: Synopsys Astro( not apollo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back