Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for DFM/DFT guidelines for PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi002

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

i am looking for DFM/DFT guidelines for PCBs.I gone through some of the documents but they are not quite enough.Here i am attaching one.

Are these standards ,linked with IPC?if so can anyone plz share the document?

Also In some CAM tool,they have spoken about DFT/DFm checks?what are those check?

pls guide me..

Regards
Abhi

dfm dft +pdf

You won't find a single document that defines DFM specifics. The reason is that each fab has different capabilities - one fab may be able to do finer pitch and smaller holes, etc, than another. An example of a DFM manual from a large PCB fabricator can be found at: **broken link removed**

You should get the DFM (design for manufacturing) guidelines from the fab and/or assembly house you intend to use.

DFT (design for testability) guidelines are again a function of the kind of test and equipment that will be used. There is not a single set of rules for DFT.

There are several IPC documents that address some DFM and DFT issues, but they do not have firm rules that apply in all cases.

pcb dfm guide

As HC says, when you get them all, you need to sit down, study them & write your own docs to be specific to your processes, your production facilities & capabilities and your board manufacturers abilities.

This is not something usually done overnight.

abhi002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
checklist dfm dft

Thanks for the replies.

We have 4-5 PCB manufacturers .I am now in process of getting Capability level of manufacturer.I also understand that it is not a overnight process .It will take time.We generally design around 15-20 boards in a month.so we want to make some guidelines related to DFT/DFM.

House_Cat

could u plz tell me which IPC docs refers DFT/DFM?

Thanks & Regards
Abhi

dfm dft guidelines

Rather than trying to ramble through all of the IPC documents I can remember, it would probably be a better idea for you to look at what one book author put together as a DFM/DFT/DFR checklist for SMT. Take a look at : **broken link removed**

That checklist refers to specific sections in different IPC documents for different features on printed circuit boards.

There's other useful stuff on that website if you check the home page: **broken link removed**

merix dfm guide

thanks for the information provided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back