Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for cmos or ttl divisible by 384

Status
Not open for further replies.

radium98

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cmos or ttl

hi to all edaboard member :)
i need to know if there is an cmos or ttl ic that can divide by 384
or i need a circuit that i have from one crystal quartz source clock to frquency 57khz and 1.1875khz
i can obtain these two frequency from xtal 4.332mhz and 12c508b but dont have such xtal so i went to the cmos or ttl
exemple 456/8=57khz
exemple 456/384=1.1875khz
thanks
Radium98@hotmail.com.

Re: cmos or ttl

Check for the chip 4060 from Farchild. It is a very common chip, it won't be hard to find in an electronic's store, like Radio Shack.

https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/CD/CD4060BC.pdf

Is a binary counter and comes with a built in oscillator. You don't need to use the chip's oscillator, you can just connect your clock to the input pin directly.

fcfusion said:
Check for the chip 4060 from Farchild. It is a very common chip, it won't be hard to find in an electronic's store, like Radio Shack.

https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/CD/CD4060BC.pdf

Is a binary counter and comes with a built in oscillator. You don't need to use the chip's oscillator, you can just connect your clock to the input pin directly.

The 4060 won't divide by 384 without extra logic. However, as 384 is 128x3, you could make a crude ripple counter by adding a NAND gate. It will glitch when it resets though.

A PIC should be able to generate the frequencies you require provided it has a couple of internal timers with sufficient length. Depending on how accurate the frequencies need to be, you should be able to generate it from any high frequency. If accuracy is very important then you either need a correctly cut crystal or a PLL type clock generator.

Keith.

thanks for u both indeed yes i have tried 4060
but i need from one crystal oscillator to have both 1.1875khz and 57.000khz they must be inphase ,i have used external clock but when mixing them they dont be inphase so i need schematic from one source

2d1wglj.jpg

thanks for u both indeed yes i have tried 4060
but i need from one crystal oscillator to have both 1.1875khz and 57.000khz they must be inphase ,i have used external clock but when mixing them they dont be inphase so i need schematic from one source

Not in phase? that's odd. Perhaps you forgot to invert the output signal.

If you invert it you'll have something like this:
----------__________------------__________
-----___-------______------____-----_____

instead of:
----------__________------------__________
___------______------____-----_____-----

@keith1200rs
do u have such a schematic from one xtal or resonnator 456/8=57
and 456/384=1.1875
from one source with traditionnel components no needs to pic thanks

cmos or ttl

Just a crude idea:

Not the best way to do a counter - just the simplest. I am sure some digital guys can come up with a better one.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back