Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Apollo sensor/device network for fire alarms info

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo-chan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I am looking for documentation on the supposedly "open" Apollo network protocol. It uses RS485 to read various sensors and operate devices in buildings, usually controlled by a fire control system panel. Several companies produce Apollo compatible hardware.

I can't find any info on it at all. I might resort to just sniffing the bus but there is always the danger that you overlook something by doing that, so proper documentation would be preferable.

Anyone know anything about it or have any documents they could share?

I think you need to talk to Apollo about using their 'open' protocol, see
**broken link removed**

Yeah, unfortunately they are not actually that open...

It uses RS485 to read various sensors
No it is not RS 485 it is something like communication over supply/20ma current loop.

unfortunately they are not actually that open...
Apollo protocol is not open source so it is not necessarily to publish on net.
you can contact Apollo they will provide the engineering(Device protocol) document if your a fire alarm control panel manufacturer and even you may have to purchase device protocol simulator.

P.Ashok Kumar

I keep looking for Apollo network interface cards. I think the confusion arose because they use RS485 to communicate with the microcontroller or PC.

I keep looking for Apollo network interface cards
you are taking about Communication between Panel And Device(Smoke Sensor..etc) or Network between panel to panel.

if the case1: Communication between Panel And Device
you can get the Detail for Apollo

Case2: each manufacturer use there own proprietary protocol

P.Ashok Kumar

My goal is to be able to replace the fire alarm panel with an embedded system running Linux. The current panel we have uses RS485 to communicate with an Apollo interface card. I can't find any documentation for the card though so basically I need a way to talk to devices on the Apollo bus.

Thanks for the help with this.

RS485 to communicate with an Apollo interface card
To my knowledge Apollo is not making any RS485 interface card can you post the image of the card or the model No.

P.Ashok Kumar

The card we have is H8/325 based. I will post a picture later for you. Might not be manufactured by Apollo, unfortunately it is installed in a panel and I can't see a model number on the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.