Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to effectively handle multi-device communication in LoRa network?

gavinray

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I'm working on an IoT project where I need to connect multiple devices to a LoRa network. Although I have some knowledge about LoRa technology, I am still a little confused when it comes to handling multi-device communication. I want to be able to connect sensors, controllers, and other devices and efficiently manage the communication between them.

Are there any best practices or suggestions for handling multi-device communication in LoRa networks? I need to know how to manage conflicts between devices, keep communication stable, and how to extend the LoRa network to support more devices.

Thank you for your help

have you review LoRaWAN implementation? it should address most fo your concerns,
there's no need to join an existing LoRaWAN network (like thingsboard)
you can deploy your own network (check for ChirpStack) (or simulate a complete lorawan network with fixed channels,)

if you want something more simple, look for LoRaNow, for small networks (few devices)

but the gist of this, is to have a listening device (the gateway)
and acknowledge every packet received (in a timely time frame)
or keep repeating until the acknowledge is received ( or you determine the gateway is down)
also send a keel-alive packed every n seconds or mark the device as down (from the gateway side)

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: