Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

real-time data transmission in the LoRa module

gavinray

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! everyone

Has anyone tried to implement real-time data transmission in the LoRa module?
Can you share some implementation process and experience?

I've recently been trying to implement real-time data transmission in a LoRa module, but I've encountered some challenges. Is there any friend who has successfully achieved this goal and can share some implementation process and experience? In particular, any experience on how to optimize data transfer speeds, reduce latency, and deal with packet loss would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

"Real time" without any timing and data throughput informations is useless.

Blinking a LED "once a day" is a real time application.
Moving the wiper of your car every 10 seconds is a real time application.
Sound adjustment of an audio stream with 48kSamples/s, 2 channles 16 bit each ... is a real time application
Face detection on an 8k video stream with many megabytes of data each second s... is a real time application

Also buffer sizes, interfaces, packet sizes ... will play a role.
Also Antenna, antenna orientation, distance, other HF sources around will play a role regarding "packet loss" will play a role.

If you encounter problems: I´d first find out the source of the problem, than searching for random solutions of random possible problems.
And debugging shold not be a big deal. Toggling a Lport pin on lost package, toggeling a port pin when data is transferred via the uC->LoRa interface, analyzing packet sizes, verifying the timing...

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: