Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovaka

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dc/dc 1.5v to 9v schematic

I'm really just starting to get into circuit design and im trying to make a circuit similar to the flash in a disposable camera that will take a 9v battery and charge a 160uf cap at 350v
so far i have found lots of resources on making something like this on 1.5v but nothing simple enough for me to follow that will use a 9v
any help is greatly appreciated thanks

dovaka said:
I'm really just starting to get into circuit design and im trying to make a circuit similar to the flash in a disposable camera that will take a 9v battery and charge a 160uf cap at 350v
so far i have found lots of resources on making something like this on 1.5v but nothing simple enough for me to follow that will use a 9v
any help is greatly appreciated thanks

Most flash (or strobe) circuits use 1.5, 3, 6,or 12 volt. It doesn't mean they don't exist, it's just that I've haven't seen one. If you realy need 9v then use a LM317 to adjust the voltage down to 9V. I can supply the schematic if you need it.

I just did a couple searches on google.ca and there are hundreds of circuits for both keywords "flash circuits" and Strobe circuits". Check it out.

This should not be a problem. You need to design the transformer for 9V operation.

If cost is not a real issue, then check out these parts from LT: https://www.linear.com/pc/categoryProducts.jsp
They should easily allow you to use 9V and there should be many application examples/calculations.

yes ,using a DC to DC converter is helpful

dear sir
i am looking for a charge sensitive preamplifier circuit. The circuit should be a small one and with components available easily. for your information,the circuit is a part of hand held explosive detector.
i am very grateful for your cooperation.
thanks

The self-oscillating flyback you find in disposable cameras should do the trick. You cannot get cheaper than that. It uses a single transistor and a few other inexpensive parts, plus the transformer, which is needed regardless of the final solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.