Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a high directivity antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

abti

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
high directivity antenna

Hi,

Can somebody give some suggestions on any planar antenna designs which have a very good directivity i.e. farfield radiation focussed in one direction.

thanks in advance.

regards,
abti

Re: high directivity antenna

A twin-slot antenna printed on silicon substrate.

See John Kraus's Antenna book for basic strategy.

high directivity antenna

Hi abti,

you should use an antenna array composed of planar elements in the same plane.
Many books on antennas (available in this board) give the basics of arrays and of planar (microstrip) antennas.
Regards

Z

high directivity antenna

abti said:
Hi,

Can somebody give some suggestions on any planar antenna designs which have a very good directivity i.e. farfield radiation focussed in one direction.

thanks in advance.

regards,
abti
Hi abti
Could tell us what you means the"high directivity"of planar antenna.The limit directivity of microstrip array(travelling or standing wave array) is about 30dBi,if you want to design a planar array above 30dBi,the waveguide slots array is the best one.
Regards
caocao

Re: high directivity antenna

Hi all,

I want to design a high directivity antenna (~20dBi) on a relatively high dielectric constant substrate (Epsion r = 7).

Could you suggest what kind of antennas I should use to obtain that target?

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back