Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a better chip than 16f676/16f675 from MicroChip

Status
Not open for further replies.

djalli

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC 20500
Activity points
Tell what to use better

I have 16f676/16f675 from MicroChip. I am looking for more memory in chip and less power consumption. Please can you suggest me a better chip.

many thanks

Re: Tell what to use better

POWERWISE .. nothing Beats TI's MSP430F ... products
check their web site .You should be able to find a CPU with your memory requirements

djalli said:
I have 16f676/16f675 from MicroChip. I am looking for more memory in chip and less power consumption. Please can you suggest me a better chip.

still if you want to stay with 16f676, you can use lower voltages, eg 3V instead of 5V or use SLEEP (power down unused peripherials) when doing nothing: delays, waiting for button presses.

Use lower clock speed if you can, or use adjustable clock frequency.

Unused blocks and brown-out detection also consume power, if you don't need them, disable.

jap said:
Unused blocks and brown-out detection also consume power, if you don't need them, disable.

how can you disable unused (memory ?) blocks ???

Tell what to use better

Take a look at the nanoWatt Technology Devices
from Microchip.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back