Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a 5V analog multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyleeinhit

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for an analog multiplier chip which operate under 5V. Both of two inputs are analog sine signals with amplitude less that 1V. I searched several chips, but all of these operated from +/-4V ~+/-15V, including AD632/3, AD834, RC4200, MC1494, MLT04, mpy5/634, and MT09. Any suggestion? Thanks.

If no single multiplier chip is available, I am OK with multiplier built with opamp. Can you give me some examples of OPAMP based multiplier? Thanks.

are you not interested in using discrete multiplier circuit by using 4 OPAMPs you can use OPAMP such as LM324,TLO82

I don't think it can be done with opamps. Depending on the application you may be able to use an MC1496. Otherwise it may be easiest to just boost the supply voltage with a 555-based charge pump or something.

I am looking for an analog multiplier chip which operate under 5V. Both of two inputs are analog sine signals with amplitude less that 1V. I searched several chips, but all of these operated from +/-4V ~+/-15V, including AD632/3, AD834...

Perhaps you could use the AD8343 (s. PDF below), which is a DC-to-2.5 GHz Active Mixer operating from a single 5V power supply.
I guess it is based on the AD834, and probably could also be used with 2 sine input signals.

View attachment AD8343.pdf

Hi;
What about this one;
**broken link removed**

Hope helps

Required linearity? Frequency range?

4053 is an analog multiplexer. It can be used as a sign multiplier, multiplying a square wave carrier frequency with an analog signal. If the application allows to filter harmonics in the output spectrum, it can work as a high linearity analog multiplier replacement.

The linearity should be good. The target freq is 1Hz.
Required linearity? Frequency range?

4053 is an analog multiplexer. It can be used as a sign multiplier, multiplying a square wave carrier frequency with an analog signal. If the application allows to filter harmonics in the output spectrum, it can work as a high linearity analog multiplier replacement.

are you not interested in using discrete multiplier circuit by using 4 OPAMPs you can use OPAMP such as LM324,TLO82
Op amps can't do multiplication without a non-linear added circuit. You can add and subtract signals but not multiply them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back