Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

loading effect due to servo motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have interface VS-2 servo motor with ATMEGA-32 micro-controller.When i apply source to the circuit due to loading effect voltage drops from 5v to 2v.I dont understand the problem. Is there any remedy to problem? My programming is correct.

Hi

What kind of interface are you using between your uC and the servo motor and what device (MOSFET/BJT/IC) is driving the motor.

Hi

What kind of interface are you using between your uC and the servo motor and what device (MOSFET/BJT/IC) is driving the motor.

I have directly connected the servo with microcontroller port where PWM are generated.
Please suggest me some interface so that loading effect does not occur.

no matter how much small is the motor is its an inductive load and will require much more current as compared to current provided by the microcontroller... u need a driving circuitary

Try it with simple opamp buffer circuit.

I dont think any opamp would work even if its working as a buffer . I checked the data sheet of opamp 741 for reference and the maximum output short circuit current this ic can generate is 25mA . i dont think this power will be substantial to start the motor.

But opamp can be used to drive BJT to saturation easily.

may be you can find this circuit helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.