Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LNA design in KA band?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlix

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hj-fet ka band

hi, I am new to amplifier design. I am doing a low noise amplifier design and implementation for my final year project of undergraduate studies. I need to design a low noise amplifier at KA band downlink frequency range(18.3GHz -18.8GHz or 19.7GHz - 20.2GHz). It must be implemented using microstrip.

1)for my questions earlier, khouly said that FR4 is very lossy at high frequencies and suggested that i try taconic tly or duroid. i prefer duroid but what must the Er, thickness and other physical characteristics of the duroid microstrip?

2)I searched for NEC transistors that operate in KA band range and found that the NE24200(N-CHANNEL HJ-FET CHIP) model operates in range(1GHz to 26GHz).I also found that the model can be in the ADS component library. Is this transistor suitable for my design?i hav added the datasheet.

lna at 20.2ghz

be aware about that how this chip will be mounted on ur board "there is no pacakge"

about the deimesion of the duoroid , when u design ur matching networks as microstrips , check the different thickness wit the same er , till u get the most suitable physical dimenssions

khouly

Hmmm... Interesting frequencies - a DBS LNA perhaps?
Here is what you need:
**broken link removed**
Use Rogers 4003 10 mil thick double sided PCB. Your microstrip filters size and loss will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back