Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linking HFSS -> Designer -> HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

etothe456t

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to link simulation data from HFSS into Designer and then back into HFSS.

I have already completed the first two steps...

I have a completed HFSS simulation where I solve for S-Parameters of a structure with many lumped ports (~20) while only 1 is a real port, 19 will eventually be terminated by lumped elements (capacitors).

I add the N-Port Network as a Black Box w/ 20 pins into an Ansoft Designer Simulation.

I terminate the 19 ports of my N-Port Network (HFSS data) with my lumped elements and define the remaining port as a port.

Ansoft Designer Shows me good S-Parameters for my real physical port with a Linear Network Analysis Simulation.

I would now like to obtain Field Data of my HFSS Design but with the ports terminated with my capacitors as I have them in Designer.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the next step would be to do?

I think the simplest way would be for Ansoft Designer to give me values I could plug into the "Edit Sources" Dialog Box in HFSS. Can it do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back