Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linear Opto Coupler offset correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRIYADHARSHINI PALANISAMY

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am using IL300 Linear opto coupler to isolate the analogue signals..Here I have attached the picture for four configurations of IL300..I m configuring my circuit as Non Inv input to Non Inv output...

I have Designed my circuit for + and - 5 V as my supply.I attached my schematic design for your referance.And i got output at OUT1 as follows:
for 0V input I got 2.4V at the 5 th pin(OUT1)
for 5V input I got 4.43V
In between this ranges the output will be linear.

Now I want to consider the offset that is 2.4V should be reduces to 0v
I need 0V for 0V input
4.5V for 5V input.
For this purpose the second stage of the opamp has been built.I don t know how to select the resistor values.they have given the formula.according to that i have selected my resistor values as 30K and 40K .but i got the output(OUT2) 4.01 V for 2.4V and 4.43V input.I don t know how to choose the values to clear the offset

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• SCHEMATIC.png
    SCHEMATIC.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Linear opto coupler.png
    Linear opto coupler.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 146

The offset is generated by having a too high reference voltage on the receiver side. By adding a third resistor between OP-B inverting input and ground, you can set arbitrary offset and gain values according to your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back