Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

light seeking and obstacles avoidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamedkhaled

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am working on robot project now, I am trying to let it seek a light. I am facing some programming problems.

I am using Assebler language,

I am using two LDR in the front of the robot. I dont really know to program the robot to stop when it faces the robot.

I am also using ultrasound sensor for obstacles avoidance, so it stops whenever it senses any things in front of it.

can you please help me with that and let me know how to sort the programming issues related to the two above tasks ( light seeking and abosticls avoidance).
by the way I am using Assebler language.

Thank you

Hello !

In my final year project the one important part was to detect the ball on a beam.

For this purpose I used the IR Proximity sensor the model number is SHARP-GP2D12.

If you are using the Ultrasonic sensor then it will detect the all obstacles in its surrounding but if you will use the SHARP-GP2D12 then it will detect the obstacle in the specific direction.

The GP2D12 is availabe in both versions mean the analog output as well as the Digital output.

I think you should use the analog version of this.

If you have any other question then you are free to ask.

Take Care

Hi Shani,

Thank you for your reply.

well, I cant really change the type of sensor that I am using. it is kind of must to use ultrasonic sensor. I am still stuck with the it , I dont really know how to sort that out. can you plz suggest any other ideas. but u need to know that I am only allowd to use these sort of sensors

Thanks

Added after 1 hours 40 minutes:

light seeking question:

what I am really trying to do is to devlop a program that enable the robot to stop when the brightness of both of the front LDRs is the same. I cant really think of any idea on how that can be devloped.

can you plz suggest any ideas.

plz have a look at the attchment..it is a similar program but it doest not show how the robot stops when both of the LDRs faces the light sources.

i don't know hows is it possible to detect the lights by using Two LDR and that too in fron of the robot.

We made the same obstrucle dection ROBO. the problem was with the program. At last we made the codes in C++ and connected ROBO to the computer through the parallel port and transmitted the signal through a remote. We made use of the * output pins in the parallel port as 8 switchws and 5 inputs as the interrupts. thats more that what we needed actually. if nothing worked try that.

I hope the problem wil be with the Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back