Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

letter desappears on IC 5.0 for linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Yau

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I use IC5.0 for linux. I input some characters on text field of stream-in form. all
characters will disappear after I change to another text field. Someone know how to fix this proboem? Thanks.

you are using redhat 8? the same problem occurrs when you select transistors, and the name is supposed to be filled in automatically, right?

no fix i found - it's a bug somewhere in the openwindows implementation that happens with netscape too - accidentally chooses a font of size 0, then chokes on the error. Don't you get many warnings about "Character /xxx not supported in font"?

I use Redhat 7.3. Just like you said. I get some warining mwssage "
Character /xxx not supported in font.

You could try Redhat 9.0.
The same problem is solved in my friend machine, good luck !

Jimi2003 said:
You could try Redhat 9.0.
The same problem is solved in my friend machine, good luck !
Really? many people have reported problems when using !C5 with RH9. So far, the best linux platform for !C5 is RH 7.2

This problem is the version of Linux you have installed, you'd better install a english version if u want to use this tool.
I know how to solve this bug but that's too complex to explaining it, the simplest way it to install a US or UK version Linux.

As far as I know, maybe it's just the problem of locale. Solve this is easy, just set LC_ALL="en_US" or LC_ALL="C" the type locale and press return, then open icfb again. You will see that the problem would gone...:).....You can try it without any hurt, trust me, you can make it...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.