ksrinivasan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
scl library

hi
iam doing an asic implementation project.

i started working in leonardo spectrum for synthesis. The only asic library it is showing is scl05u. I understand it is the library of semiconductor limited, mohali/chandigarh. The technology is 0.5 micron of that company.

I went to sclindia website. The website does not talk about 0.5 micron technology. It talks about 0.3 micron technology. Iam really confused on how to proceed further. The company's website also talks about modelsim.U can see in the link
**broken link removed**

I will be happy to hear ur ideas regarding selecting a proper synthesis tool.
i also intend to use tanner for P&R and DRC, LVS etc at later stage.

eagerly looking for suggestions

*.syn library for leonardo

The mentioned ASIC lib delivered with Leonardo is a sample lib. You have to get a actual digital library in the desired technology from the fab your're targetting at.
This library should be in Leonardo syn format supplied by the fab or when in Synopsys liberty format, use the Leonardo library compiler to create a .syn file.

Leonardo is a proper synth tool for older processes (I'm using it for 0.35um). Using Taner for p&r is only feasible for really small digital blocks: no clocktree synthesis, no timing driven place and route...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…