Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEM current transducer does not give any output

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprooch

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lem current transducer

Hi,

I need help fpr my project.
I am using a current transducer from LEM (HXS 20-NP, datasheet attached) for measuring current.

I have 3 components, and my problem is that all the components did not show any output when I changed the current. So, what I am thinking is that the test circuit I made was wrong.

Anyone know what the connection should be?

the connection I made is attached

how to connect lem current transducer

Are you sure the input & output direction are correct? It looks like you might have these reversed. Then again I might need more coffee...zzzzzzzz

regards

dfullmer

what does a current transducer do?

mmm...

sorry I drew it the wrong way. The connection here is right (I attached the correct drawing).

when I measured the output voltage, it showed 7.34mV. I increased the current and the output voltage keep increasing...7.35mV, 7.36mV and never stops at one value.

design of a current transducer

sprooch said:
mmm...

sorry I drew it the wrong way. The connection here is right (I attached the correct drawing).

when I measured the output voltage, it showed 7.34mV. I increased the current and the output voltage keep increasing...7.35mV, 7.36mV and never stops at one value.

you are using 20A configuration & which current value you want to measure. also whitch type of current I mean AC or DC

lem current sensor voltage output

when I measured the output voltage, it showed 7.34mV
7 mV related to VRef or GND? The latter would mean saturation, output voltage is measured differentially to Vref.

lem has current transducers problem

so whats the input voltage and is it DC or AC?
input voltage: 5V DC

you are using 20A configuration & which current value you want to measure
I want to measure 0 - 15 A

7 mV related to VRef or GND?
Vout to Ground

Is the Vref pin in the component an input or output?
What I understand , the Vref is an input, so I put 2.5V there.
I have doubt on my understanding. Maybe it is an output. What do you think?

lem current transducer connection

Hi

I think it is an output. But with 5 volts across a 2K resistor you will never hit the current you are looking for. 5/2000 = 2.5 milliamps.

Do I understand you correctly?

dfullmer

reading data sheet of current transducers

The datasheet is clear in this respect. Vref is IN/OUT with 200 ohms internal impedance. You can either connect it to a load (> 200 k) or supply it from a low impedance external source, when needed. The permissible voltage range is 2.0 to 2.8 V then. Vout must be near to Vref without sensor current. 7 mV referred to ground is out of range. Can't say why, from a distance.

lem transducer

Hey, guys...

I have solved the problem...
The problem was the connection on my PCB...

1 should be the input (1st pin) and 8 will be the output (last pin)..
I connected them wrong....

my mistake on reading the datasheet picture..

thanks for your help...

Status
Not open for further replies.