Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led driver to detect 10Mhz signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggu5360

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me to design a circuit, which glows led when it detects 10Mhz lvds differential signal.

note: once it detects the signal led should on.(i mean to say that it should nt be on and off). if there is no signal, then led should off.

I would suggest an LVDS to single ended converter followed by a frequency counter and numerical comparator. Could be a simple as an LVDS inteface and a small microcontroller.

Brian.

LVDS to single ended into some sort of peak detector could work , IF there are no other signals on the line.

can anyone help me to design a circuit, which glows led when it detects 10Mhz lvds differential signal.

note: once it detects the signal led should on.(i mean to say that it should nt be on and off). if there is no signal, then led should off.

Hi jaggu5360

Many ways are lie a head !
one of the simplest ones is using a filter for 10 MHZ and then a peak detector or a comparison network based on a simple op amp !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.