Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED display for gearindicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ante, for all help. I really appreciate it.

Is it anode up and cathode down to minus (negative) on the capacitator (like I drew)?
Also, is there any other than electrolyt capacitators which handles 100 micro farad?
Also, should I use 16 V or 25 V? 16V 100 uF does handle 160 mA rms max. 25 V handles 190 mA rms.

I will order the stuff I need, and start build next week. I will follow up the project.

Hello,
I'm WAYYY behind eveyone on this site, but I want to do a project similar to yours and thought I may be able to get some help. I want to build a simple 7 segment, 2-digit LED disply that can be sequenced up or down. It would be nice to be able to jump to a keyed-in number via. remote (like a tv remote) but not necessary. I found the 5" LED units from the site you linked in one of your responces (Germany?) 5" would be perfect for my project. Am I trying to tackle something too big for a novice? Any help is appreciated.

Shouldn't be too difficult with a BCD counter and BCD to 7 segment decoder, a good place to look might be www.doctronics.co.uk/beastie_zone.htm as this site is geared (no pun intended :p) towards the beginner, and even has breadboard layouts for most of the circuits.

Yes it’s an electrolytic capacitor you need (25Volts is best, 16V is a bit low in a car) and the positive side should be connected to the base of the transistor (the point where R1 and R2 meet) and the negative to negative (-). I can’t see any polarity on your drawing regarding the capacitor.

Good Luck Nikke!

Thanks Ante!

Pictures will come. I'll start building next week.

I came up with a thing.
Maybe I want to use another display, a smaller one.
It uses just 4 V per segment and 10 mA per segment. What resistors should I use then?
Do I have to change anything else than the resistors for the segments?

You must swap to 1000-Ohm (1kOhm) resistors. Everything else should work the way it is. I assume this new display is also a common cathode type.

Ante :roll:

Ok. For the dot should I use 1,2k, the dot uses 2 V?
Yes, its a common cathode too.

Yes, that’s right 1.2k will be fine.

Ante :roll:

How will I build Numeral Timer schematic??? please show me a schematic....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back