Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lattice Semiconductor bitstream

Status
Not open for further replies.

campo85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm looking for a way to identify my generated bitstream design from the file. I've found **broken link removed** paper. They talk about a comment string in the bitstream. Does anyone know a way to add this comment in the bitstream ?

Last edited:

Try opening it as simple text file - with notepad ++ for example. This will allow you to make manual changes.

It isn't so simple. If I'd changed the bitstream the CRC'd changed too. I don't know where in the file it's stored.

If I remember correctly, the CRC is at the end of the file.
Make the changes you require and recalculate the CRC of the file.

Also, if you have the design programmed on an FPGA - then you can use the Verify command of the JTAG programming tool to find out if the file on the PC and the one on the FPGA are the same.

I'm pretty sure that any ASCII header data (i.e. comments) are not part of the bitstream and there shouldn't be any effect on the CRC of the bitstream if it's changed. Though I couldn't verify that on Lattice's website but I did find https://www.latticesemi.com/en/Support/AnswerDatabase/2/3/2/2329.aspx, where they suggest stripping the ASCII header.

The simplest check is add/change/remove a character from in the current header and see if the FPGA still loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back