Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laser signal to electrical signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Use a photo-transistor. What type depends on what you want to do with it.
For fiberconnections you have special highspeed tranceiver blocks with a laser to send and a receiverblock consisting of a photo-transistor and a opamp to receive.

Your photo-transistor have to be matched with the wavelength of your laser for the best results.

what parameter of transistor must b matched with the wavelength of laser.....lets say if my laser has a wavelength of 670nm then wat kindaphototransistor do i hv to use?

Just assume any photodiode or phototransistor and forget the rest. There no relevant spectral response differences among them in near IR and visible range. The most interesting question is: Are we talking of pulse respectively high frequency modulated lasers or simple CW?

Actually I want to modulate the data on laser and for that I need a fast switching transistor. So I wanna know how many number of bits I can transfer by the switching of transistor if it has total time period of 20ns...I know the frequency I get is 50MHz...but is the bit rate 50Mbits/s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back