Not open for further replies.

jayanthyk192

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a 250mW laser diode in TO-CAN package.it does not include a lens assembly.so is there any standard lens assembly that fits onto all packages of any intensity and gives out a parallel beam?

thank you.

All lasers I know about, emit a very narrow beam. The dot diameter is barely measurable.

The angle of divergence is so slight that it might as well be called a parallel beam.

You can put it through lenses and it will still be a tiny dot.

Do you want to widen the laser beam to illuminate a measurable area? Not sure it's possible. You can try some tiny lenses with a tiny focal length. Even try a drop of water, just as to experiment.

Semiconductor lasers do NOT emit a narrow beam - they are quite divergent, more so in one plane than the other. With suitable optics they can be focussed to a small, parallel beam. I assume you are thinking of a laser with optics, not the device itself.

There isn't 'one' lens to suit all lasers but as they have similar characteristics there will be a few choices. Have a look at Edmund Optics maybe.

Keith

i had a look at edmund optics web,but i could'nt get what i wanted or i did'nt know what category it should be searched under.i found this diode on ebay having To18 package.

**broken link removed**

so what would be the lens type or name that i can use to focus is into the best possible beam(highest intensity)

All my laser experience is with a handheld laser pointer. (Aka 'cat toy'.)

Beam is a tiny red pinpoint. Even to the end of a long hallway.

Just a few dollars.

All my laser experience is with a handheld laser pointer. (Aka 'cat toy'.)

Beam is a tiny red pinpoint. Even to the end of a long hallway.

Just a few dollars.
Even I have played with it.It comes with a laser assembly built in.

Something like one of these maybe:

Keith

They only provide the lens,all other assembly has to be done by myself.is there any other assemby that can be used directly for a given package type and wavelength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…