Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] L293D problem- giving outputs but running one motor at one time| weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Er Sanjit

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am making rf based metal detecting robo and i had used 8051 for controlling the operation. The rf is fine and programming is also i think okay as i am getting desired outputs at 8051 output pins and L293 output pins.

The problems arise when i connect motors to the L293d's output pins,

1) ever if i get 8V at both sides of L293D, the motors didnt work when i connect them. ( the motors are fine )

2) when i connect one motor to L293D, then the motor works .. and on other side the output is 8V too ; but as soon as i connect the second motor too... the first motor also stops

3) If i keep running one motor with L293D, after 10-15 seconds the robo stops.

I am getting this problem first time in my experience. I have no guide / partner, so i am sharing it with you people. Hope, someone here will help me please.

{
and can this be problem that I have used only one 9V battery on the entire circuit of 8051-L293D and H12D ( RF IC )??:?:
but also the output is 8V on L293D,
then why the motors are not working:?
}

Please help as i had to make my robo work asap.

Regards,

Er S

Hi,

schematic or picture would be great.

Maybe your supply voltage drops when two motors are connected. This leads to reset of 8051.

Use a larger battery, use large bulk capacitor, decouple uC supply with LC.

Good luck

RF_Rx.jpg

here is the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.