Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kindly tell me the practical applications of Incremental Encoder , Decremental Encode

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatcreators

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Kindly tell me the practical applications of Incremental Encoder , Decremental Encoder & Absolute Encoder ?

As i know that encoders are used for feedback purposes to control the speed of a motor via VFD ..... but when to connect which type of encoder ?

thanks in advance

1) When measuring speed you dont need the absolute position rather you need change in position from previous position incremental encoder is the way.
2) Building absolute encoder is expensive for position control generally devices have incremental encoder with limit switches
(check any deskjet HP printer, it has an incremental encoder with DC motor for position control, when
the printer starts it it starts from one end where there will be a limit switch and it calculates it relative
position from that known position by counting its steps forward or backward)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back