Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keepout Area in footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshrai

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to create an IC part footprint with altium designer which has a circular keepout area in the datasheet.

I created the circular keepout but I am confused about things like- which layer to choose,(top overlay, top solder etc).

Also the keepout area seems to be for test point, and there is a test point diagram with circular holes(in another diagram of same datasheet) maybe for conducting inner parts or something like that.

So, how do I create the keepout area? what is the way to create the footprint part with such keepout area?

any help is appreciated, thanks

Create whatever shape you want on the Keepout layer in the footprint, and you could create it in Mechanical 1.

Git

there is no keepout layer.

which layer should the keepout be assigned to? mechanical? silk?

do I have to fill up the whole circle with for example top overlay material? or just the circle?

thanks

In AD,keepout layer is present. If not there go to layer set-up(short cut L) and enable that layer.

- - - Updated - - -

you can see in this picture.

Attachments

• ViewConfigurationDialog.png
    ViewConfigurationDialog.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 159

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back