Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG Cable to program XC9536XL-10-PC44

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardoo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am very new to working with CPLDs.

I have read about making a cable to program these CPLDs but the instructions seem very vague... In particular I am confused about the apparent need for a "header soldered onto the PCB found inside the cases of Linksys WRT54G and WRT54GS routers" Is this header necessary or would it work without one?

Alternatively, would a cable like this work?

**broken link removed**...

Thanks, Edward

I don't think that will work. While it is JTAG, it won't work with any of the Xilinx programming tools and may have the wrong logic levels and so on. You will need something called a 'Xilinx Platform Cable USB'. They're expensive, but cheap clones are available on eBay.

If you're designing a PCB for your CPLD, it's a good idea to fit a JTAG header that is compatible with (one of) the JTAG connector on the Platform Cable USB so that you don't have to connect individual pins with flying leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back