Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISE/EDK 6.3 vs 7.1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I tried both ISE/EDK 7.1 and 6.3 (all with latest service pack, but tested very quicly), and I'm having some problems with 7.1. For example, a Microblaze design that fit in 6.3 doesn't fit as tight in 7.1. Moreover, I'm using Spartan-3 (FG456, speed: -4) with 66.6MHz clock, and I can't meet the timing requirement in 7.1, while 6.3 meet it. Moreover, for the same design, 6.3 give 6 level of logic in the critical path, while 7.1 give 9 levels.

Also, with 7.1, when doing synthesis, I get a lot of warnings, like 'Packer: ... can not be packed with the carry due to conflict ...'. Some other warnings too. With 6.3, no such warnings.

I'm currently testing on a workstation with 6.3, and I'll verify if some of the other issues I was having are there or not.

Anyone having bad experience with 7.1?

Yes. I cannot remember exactely what happened, but suddenly a lot of errors appeared with a design which was ok in 6.2, most of them at synthesis. I quickly remembered to not try to fix somthing wihich works fine, and since I had not ehough time to go through this, I dropped it.

/pisoiu

I also faced with similar problems with ise 7.1
One of my designs can be synthesized by 6.3 successfully , but my computer crashes when i try to syntesize with 7.1

i think 7.1 is very unstable. In my design it automatically instantiates extra DCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back