Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this result reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eruisi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Design compiler reports the area is 117,000um2.
After P&R, the area measured is 67,000um2, only half of the DC's estimation!

Is this reasonable?

I think that there is some problem. Normally the difference is between 10 to 30% only. You may have to check the parameters again

Yes, please check it. Something is wrong

There must be something very very wrong.Please check your P&R Script.
Sumit

Hi eruisi,

Check your wire load model in DC. I am suspecting it is too pessimistic....

Hi,

My first guess is that the wire load model include the area for the routing wire.

My second guess is the area in .lib is not true area; it might be number of wire track or unit cell. In P&R maybe the area is taken from LEF.

Regards,
Eng Han

Now which one of above is false ??
can DC report false area?? :eek:
i wonder ..

n area of rounting wire ? exact length is unknown here !!!!!!!

Hi Shiv_emf

Not all ".lib" contain the true size of the cell (i.e. x by y). Some use placement track. So the area of an inverter can be 4 placement track but the true area can be 1.245um2.

Secondly, you are wrong to say that "exact length is unknow here". Doyou understand what exactly is wireload model? Wire load model will give C, R and even length. An area/unit length can be defined in the wireload model. This is not always the case in all wire load model, but is not uncommon.

Regards,
Eng Han

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back