Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this normal? (ICD2 Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanor

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Just finished making a ICD2 Clone (PiCs version). Got it connected and mplab has dowloaded the operating system.

On connect I get this message:
Code:
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to target
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x21, read=0x0)
...Reading ICD Product ID
Running ICD Self Test
... Failed Self Test.  See ICD2 Settings (status tab) for details.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Is this because it is not connected to anything? or is something wrong?

And could anyone point me to any documentation on how to use ICD2 to debug and program :)

This is a problem with Vpp(MCLR) from ICD2. Check it.

Hi zanor. Yes you have to connect target device to yours clone but that isn't only problem that you have. When icd2 connects with pc you should go to programmer/settings/status tab to see which voltage is wrong. Than you will know where is the problem with your hardware. All necessary information about using of icd2 you will find on microchips site under development tools/icd2 section. There is several pdf-s about that.

Hi. I collected the programmer/debuger ICD2_clone. All works on hurra. Thank you PicS.

Added after 2 minutes:

AndreyZAN said:
Hi. I collected the programmer/debuger ICD2_clone. All works on hurra. Thank you PicS.
But the drivers of MPLab was installed incorectly (I have a WINXP SP2)/

Status
Not open for further replies.