Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any way to simulate FPGA in MATLAB simulink such as proteuse ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

femtoronics

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I wanna to simulate a VHDL code in simulink like simulating for example AVR in proteuse . can any body help me ?

Thanks in Advanced .

using hdl coder you can run vhdl in modelsim co-simulation simulink block.

hi TrickyDicky.

could you please explain me clear ? I placed co-simulation-HDL block in my Simulink Model but I don't know how to link it to Modelsim Altera.
in the other word I don't know how to load my VHDL code into co-simulation-HDL block .

Regards.

Last edited:

you need to load modelsim and use the vsimulink command instead of vain to make sure the link is established. also mke sure your port definitions on simulink match. I suggest looking at the cosimulation examples in simulink.

thanks for your answering TrickyDicky.

I compiled my counter.VHDL code by Quartus Altera . then I exported it to counter.VHDL Testbench, (counter.vht).then I started MATLAB and change the directory into the counter.VHDL testbench directory and I entered "vsim('socketsimulink', 4449)" command then Modelsim Altera 6.4 started Automatically with that directory. I compiled counter.vht successfully in modelsim . then I placed Cosimulation HDL in simulink model and change the connection in socket 4449 . but when I enter "/counter" in Auto fill in Port tab this Error is appeared: handshaking with the server failed- server was NOT an "HDL link " server , change the port.

How to fix this error ?

thanks in advanced.

you need at least the PE version of modelsim. You cannot do it with the free Altera version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back