Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any spice model file for SOI technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you perhaps omit the Vgnd VS 0 0 statement?

No. I simulated the code code that I mentioned in previous post. I really confused what is happening.

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

I didn't omit that, I really donn't know what is happening as you see it acts like a buffer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exchange S & D !

I really don't know what is happening as you see it acts like a buffer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For non-SOI MOSFETs, S and D nodes normally may be exchanged because of their inherent symmetry, but this may not be true for SOI MOSFETs, I guess. The (p. 67) shows the SOI-MOSFET Model Instance Syntax nodes order as

Mname <D node> <G node> <S node> <E node> [P node] ... - i.e. the 1st node should be the Drain.

... and the testX.sp examples from the BSIM_BSIMSOI4p1_Benchmarking directory respect this order - but not so Darsen Lu's inv_dc.sp example, even if the first (comment) line states the above given order:

Mx Drain Gate Source Back-gate(substrate) Body Tx W L (body ommitted for FB)
* Modified by Darsen Lu 03/11/2009

So I'd suggest to exchange the S & D in his example:
Code:
MN0 Out Gate VS VS N1 W=10u L=0.18u NUMTERMS=5
MP0 Out Gate VD VD P1 W=20u L=0.18u NUMTERMS=5

... and try once more!

Last edited:
I am puzzled that specifying NUMTERMS=5 and then only supplying 4 nodes would be expected to work. The example I posted works on my simulator. If I set NUMTERMS=5 and only provide 4 connections it stops working (I amm not surprised by that, although an error message would have been nice). If I then change NUMTERMS to 4 with 4 device terminals being used then it works again. Maybe it is a "quirk" of my simulator but it would seem that NUMTERMS being set to the actual number of terminals you are using would be a good idea.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back