Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it that difficult to find a job in rf microwave design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshah

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
barrett xplore esam ghanem

Hi guys,

I tried every job websites to find a job in rf microwave design or testing. I have very good skills in this. Unfortunately, I am not getting any job interviews related to this and also there are not much vacancies.

Do anybody knows any vacancies in united states in their companies or Are there any consultants?

Thanks

Re: is it that difficult to find a job in rf microwave desig

Just entered into Yahoo Hot-Jobs the keyword “RF Engineer”, and the return was approximately 1000 jobs in US

yup, i can see approx. 100 jobs on yahoo hot jobs.

But most of them are either experienced level of 5-10-15 years or expired or too old job posting

patience
You will get it. try posting resumes on job websites.
There are really lot of jobs for RF people. but some experience is required.

Many products in my company are trying to go wireless , in fact this is the latest trend so there will be plenty of opportunities in this field. If you can get some to refer you it will help you a lot to find it quickly.

I was just trying the same the past year, none of results. I was desesperate..., no money, 3 years of 'officially demonstrated' experience and no job.

Then I try to make my own company and when all was ready for begin, two opportinuties appeared: one a big RF company proposed me to join us, other was for developpment of medical instruments in a hi-tech division (also RF design).

The price to pay in my case was leave home.

May be you have a college friends and known professors, try to contact this may help you.

So, don't care. If you are looking for, you'll find it.

Good luck.

I appreciate all of the replies. I am keeping my patience and applying for jobs. I also have work experience of 6 months. But the only thing is that in rf microwave jobs sometimes they require more than 2 years of experience or 5-7-10-15 years. There are jobs in the market no doubt. I am trying everywhere else to find something. I look forward if I can be able to get some important information on this forum.

Not sure about the states, but here in Canada Barrett Xplore is trying to make fixed wireless and satellite internet available to all of Canada eventually. I recently attended a presentation from them where the presenters were practically begging for "good" people to do RF work. Also, here in Canada FPGA's are making previously impractical RF work possible. I am a master's student, and I have seen 2 other masters students who know FPGA's get jobs.

hi rudane,

I tried to look at the website of Barrett xplore. I could not find position which has less than 1 yrs of experience. I have also done master's. I am wondering if you can give me some more information. I can surely appreciate your reply.

Thanks

The presentation was sponsored by the IEEE New Brunswick Chapter. I posted the seminar summary below. Harold Dewitt was the guy in charge, so you'd want contact someone at Barrett through the website and try to get a resume to Harold. Just to note something, Barett Xplore was one of the companies involved in StarChoice satellite.

Seminar - High Speed Wireless Internet in Rural Canada

Seminar Summary:

With the vast geographical area of Canada, providing access to broadband or
high speed internet in non urban / suburban areas is a challenging business. We
will discuss the two major options of overcoming such challenge which are using
Satellite and / or Fixed Wireless. Both options have had rather un-pleasant
history where many deployment / manufacturers failed in the 1990s. The current
technologies capabilities, the business, and challenges of rural areas
deployment will be presented.

Speakers / Presenters: Harold Dewitt and Esam Ghanem

Harold DeWitt is VP Engineering for Barrett Xplore Inc. Harold holds a BSc in
EE from UNB (Class of 1991) and is a Professional Engineer registered with
APEGNB. Prior to joining BXI in 2005, Harold had an extensive career in
telecommunications. He spent 30 years in progressively senior roles at NBTel
(now Aliant) retiring in 2000 upon which he formed HR DeWitt Inc. a
telecommunications consulting firm. From 2000 to 2005 he did extensive
consultative work with the McCain Foods group of companies internationally.
Harold and his wife Sheila reside in Tilley, NB.

Esam Ghanem is currently a senior manager for RF network design at Barrett
Broadband Networks. For the past 15 years, prior to Barrett, Esam had worked in
mobile / wireless with Ericsson, Nortel, Lucent, Nextel and Emirates Telecom in
various capacities and with multiple wireless access technologies. Esam holds a
BS and Master degree in EE, is a senior member of IEEE, and he is the current
vice chair of IEEE NB section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back