Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to synthesize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrom

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to synthesize the post-place & route netlist? Any way to do that? Is it secure to send vhdl/verilog timing model to customer for evaluation propose?

elektrom said:
Is it possible to synthesize the post-place & route netlist? Any way to do that? Is it secure to send vhdl/verilog timing model to customer for evaluation propose?

ofcourse it is possible and would be a very risky venture. But I think there are some packages out there which scramble the netlist in an undecipherable way, which disables any synthesis attempts and are safe to part with.
search for them on google.

rgds.

elektrom said:
Is it possible to synthesize the post-place & route netlist? Any way to do that?

hi Elecktrom,
Can u plz mention the purpose for Synthesising a Post-P&R design?

Hi Renjith,
In case that someone want to stole your design and use it illegal way.
Rdgs,
Elektrom

why do u want to do it?

Is this regarding FPGA or ASIC Flow ? and how it is usefull

sarath51 said:
Is this regarding FPGA or ASIC Flow ? and how it is usefull
I think it is FPGA flow!
BTW, in ASIC design, the netlist after post P&R with physical tools can be resynthesized ? I have not done this operation before!

I believe that you can send WLF files but even though you still are at risk, so usually you may take a snap shots "JPEG" of your testbench "simulation" results,
I believe there is another way that use some cryptographic technique so that no inverse engineering can be done but I dunno this way, so can any one help "links at least"

No done yet folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back