Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to step down the voltage of the high voltage transformer from a TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmahesh

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to step down the Voltage of the high voltage transformer from a TV to 220 to 240V and more Current (means more Amps aroind 20 to 30A) using a stepdown transformer.. guide me:D

Re: Is it possibel

yes you can step the voltage down using a step down transformer...and it will also increase the current rating...
as the input is high voltage but output will be low...so the high voltage will be change to current, so you may draw more current at your desired low voltage.
Best Regards

Is it possibel

Pls give me the required circuit or the transformer spec.. for my request..

well it depends on your requirements...if you have an input voltage of 1000V and you want to have 220V then purchase the transformer having written 1000V 220V, in the same way if you're haveing input of 500V you should get 500V 220V ...hence its only the ratio terms required while purchasing the transformer.
Best Regards

If you mean flyback transformer, i think is impossible, cos fbt only generate high voltage aprox 12.000 volt but very smalllll curent

noooo i don't mean fly back, i mean step down...fly back increase the voltage but decreases the current...a step down transformer converts high voltage to low voltage ... but the high voltage it converted to high current low voltage

A stepped down high voltage circuit from a television will never supply more current than the television consumed, so your 20-30 amps is not a realistic number, but my point also is that even though it looks as though you are converting a small amount of energy (current wise), to large amount - the wattage will never be greater than equivalent high voltage wattage.

SiGiNT

well, definitely there will be losses but the requirement will be fullfiled, as an example lets talk about the television as you said, now a television has a step up transformer which converts the low voltage 110/220 VAC to about 25000 VAC but for this high voltage output it requires a lot of current at input considering that it required about 50Amps, so now at output we'll be getting 25000 VAC but a very few current Amps, this high voltage is used by the Electron Gun of the picture tube to bombard electrons of high voltage over the screen, now let us modify the example by adding a step down transformer at the output of step up transformer, now that 25000 VAC will again convert to a low voltage let say 110/220 VAC now that high voltage did had a lot of power in it so after conversion that power have taken the form of current now the output of the step down transformer will being having low voltage but high current now ideally it should be 50 Amps again but due to transformer losses in real world we won't get exactly 110/220 VAC or 50 Amps, now this is the reason we always have equipments is some +-some% loss ratings.

Best Regards

i can't your question. if you provide the ckt diagram, then we can understand easily.

pl provide........

Is it possibel

yes question is quite ambiguous ! plz give ckt :p

Is it possibel

I came to know that from the TV high voltage transformer tha output Voltage is around 25000VAC and the current is 3mA, so is it possible to get 220V and 15 to 30A current O/P using a stepdown transformer, contineously as long as the TV high voltage transformer is feed with its I/P end. This is simple doubt but need more logical and important issues... I think

Yes its quite possible to get that much high amount of current after stepping it down (the more you stepdown the more current you'll get), to know the amount of current possible to generate check at the back of your Television there you'll see some specification like
Input Voltage: 110/220 V
Input Current: 15 Amps
Input Frequency: 60/50 Hz

now if you would use a transfer from such a monitor it will utilize 15 Amps from normal source and generate a high 25000 VAC now if you'll step it down again you'll definitely will get back your 15Amps just from a few mAmps the reason being that the high voltage got converted to high current.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back