Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to get a equivalent capacitance from S parameters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boladore

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,
first, I apologize for my poor English.

I made a simulation model and get results from HFSS
**broken link removed**

Model has a equivalent circuit like that.(1)
I run that model and get pair of solutions 'frequency vs response' like S parameter for each frequency.
So, with these results, is it possible to get (or calculate) a capacitance for whole circuit?(2)

My professor said, "Maybe you can get a capacitance from known values using ADS, but I can't not exactly say to you how to get a capacitance. but there may be another methods to do it."
;
regards

Model has a equivalent circuit like that.(1)
I run that model and get pair of solutions 'frequency vs response' like S parameter for each frequency.
So, with these results, is it possible to get (or calculate) a capacitance for whole circuit?(2)
What do you want to meant by figure (2) ?

You can get component's parameters in figure (1) by curve fitting using Optimizer based on SP-Analyisis of Agilent ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back